NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, February 11, 2008

my color inspiration

I have issues of InStyle Weddings and Martha Stewart Weddings dating back to 1998. It's shameful, but true. I have gone through every issue and picked out my favorite wedding, event, and design ideas and saved them all in a very well-organized binder. When I went back through to find my favorite ideas to use for our wedding, I found one thing that really stuck out to me.





The "dinner and dancing" card in the bottom left hand corner has been the inspiration for our wedding colors (pink and gold), the save the date and invitation fonts as well as the fonts and colors of all of the "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" gifts. I love the pink and gold together-- especially since the ballroom is gold. The pink really softens it up and the gold is bold enough to make a strong statement. I've seen the invitation proof and I loved it! I can't wait to see the finished invitations. The Save the Dates were a lot of fun to put together. The common theme through the whole wedding is the beautiful lace design from the handkerchief that Todd's mom gave me the night we got engaged. She carried the hanky on her wedding day and saved it all these years for her son's bride to carry at her wedding. It has a gorgeous paisley design and has been a beautiful graphic on the Save the Dates, invitations, and even more unexpected places to come later....


I will carry four handkerchiefs on our wedding day; one that my mom gave me that was my baby bonnet, one that mom bought me in Brugge with a little "E" on it, one that my bridesmaids and I bought when Jennifer got married that we intend to pass around, and the one that Todd's mom gave me. If I cry, I'll know I'm prepared.


I saw this cake on Brides.com and thought it was beautiful! We're planning on having a pink cake for the brides cake and a surprise for the grooms cake, but I love this color pink and the beautiful sugar flowers on it. Our cake will have a special design on it, but if that falls through, I'm asking for this!