NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

things...

I'm sure my husband would disagree, but I just don't feel like I have anything to say. The wedding is over, the summer is days away from being over, and I just don't have a lot of exciting things going on-- at least nothing that I think any of you would like to read about. Because I'm going to keep this blog going, I'm going to tell you what's going on anyway!

What's going on:
1. Boudreaux has a problem. He won't stop chewing on his tail, rear end, and foot. He has "hot spots" and he is like Rain Man. He's just obsessed with these hot spots and won't stop chewing. He gets 3 Benadryl per day and is on antibiotics to try to heal up these spots. He's wearing a cone, which is just a disaster. 80 pounds of love that has to be confined to a cone. The vet can't figure out why he's doing this. He had all three of these spots shaved yesterday, so he looks pretty bad from the back, but his sweet face is still as it should be. {I told you I didn't have a ton going on and that I'd share the most interesting things of my week.}

2. Lots of welcome back events at work. I'm doing a welcome back luncheon for the faculty tomorrow-- tropical themed. Then we're doing a doughnut breakfast for all of the students on Thursday morning for their first day of class.

3. Hurricane's-a-comin', but it looks like it's going to miss us.

4. I finished the entire series of 90210 yesterday. It comes on from 5:00-7:00 every day on the Soap Opera Network and I was DVRing it every day. It would sometimes take me weeks and full weekends to catch up, but I've seen every single episode of the series in the last six months. The finale came on yesterday and Donna and David got married. I think this affects Todd more than it does me. He's just so thankful that it's over and he doesn't have to hear that awesome theme song anymore.

5. I'm seriously bothered by last night's episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. Lots of rumors about this family, blah blah blah. I still love to watch it and pretty much stop to watch any time it's on. It's one of my favorite shows and I've seen every episode and will still watch all of the episodes. Last night's episode bothered me mostly because I thought that at least half of the kids behaved more rotten than ever. Just my opinion.

6. I'm still wrapped up in the Olympics. Poor Nastia Liukin last night, right??? What a crazy tie-breaker procedure. Alicia Sacramone {on vault} and Shawn Johnson {on floor} weren't done justice either. Poor USA.

7. Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood is on tonight. Hilarious.

8. Last, but certainly not least, the Preppy Fall Swap. I got my swap partner, Southern Belle, yesterday and I'm so excited to get cutie preppy fall things for her!

What I'm looking forward to:

1. Gamecock football. The first game is next Thursday against NC State. We're just so excited to be back at Williams Brice and I'm really pumped about hosting all of our friends in Columbia for LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia!

2. I start teaching on Friday. I'm teaching a freshman seminar course and I'm pretty excited. I posted my syllabus online today and I'm learning the ropes of Blackboard. This will be a really nice change of pace. I met my class on Monday and they all seem great.

3. Fall TV. Not that I'm not watching TV right now, but I miss my shows.

4. Our trip to Dallas. I miss my family.

5. Our trip to DC for my cousin's wedding. I miss my family.

6. We're going to Carowinds on Sunday with my wonderful friend and her boyfriend! So much fun!


See, there are things going on. It's just nothing super exciting. I promise to have fun entertaining posts very very soon! :)