NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Friday, October 24, 2008

awards!

Gwen at Confessions of a Control Freak gave me the Bookworm Award. This one is so much fun!


Here are the rules: Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56.

Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

I'm at work in my office and the closest novel is Marley and Me by John Grogan. Seriously love it! I'm having my students read it this semester (some love it and some are complaining about it) so I've got a copy in my office.



Some days I felt like Anne Sullivan to Marley's Helen Keller. I thought back to Saint Shaun and how quickly I, a mere ten-year-old boy, had been able to teach him all he needed to know to be a great dog. I wondered what I was doing wrong this time. But our little fetching exercise offered a glimmer of hope. "You know," I said to Jenny, "I really think he's starting to get it." She looked down at him, plodding along beside us. He was soaking wet and coated in sand, spittle foaming on his lips, his hard-won stick still clenched in his jaws. "I would be so sure of that," she said.


Naturally Caffeinated Family gave me The Friendship Award. Thank you so much!





The Questions.

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? Really, just one. My mom and her best friend were pregnant together and her friend's daughter and I grew up being best friends. Distance did separate us, but I'll always love her and she was bridesmaid in the wedding. We moved around so much that I really lost touch with my young childhood friends.

2. What do you value most about your friends? Honesty, humor, similar interests, and patience. Aw... I'm getting sad thinking about how far away my friends are!

3. Are your friends sounding boards? For sure! My friends and my mom. I'm just so busy these days and they're so busy that we don't talk as often as I'm sure we'd like to.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with friends? It doesn't matter. Just being together. I have different ways with each friends. One is the best to explore a new city with! (holla, I know you're reading!) One is great to lie in bed and watch Sex and the City on DVD with. Another is great to just sit and talk with. One is great to take long walks with.
I'm passing the Bookworm Award and the Friendship Award on to the following ladies:
1. Rebecca at My Cup Overflows
3. Brie at My Home-My Life
4. Cyndi at Southern Daze
5. Jenna at That Bride (my favorite recent newlywed)