NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

come on, baby, let the good times roll

It's Fat Tuesday! Happy Mardi Gras! I've got about 100 different songs going through my head today as I celebrate this holiday from a distance. Our neighbor and friend made us an authentic king cake (she's from Louisiana, too), my cousin shipped one to me a few weeks ago, and then I found another king cake on our doorstep this morning from my sweet parents. The note said, "laissez les bon temps rouler."

I had a good doctor's appointment this morning. I am officially 24.6 weeks pregnant. My Glucola test was today. I had to fast to prepare for this appointment and I had to drink the yummy glucola orange drink this morning that tastes like a flat Sunkist. After drinking this stuff, I had to wait an hour for it to get into my system so they could take my blood and test for gestinational diabetes. While I waited, I got weighed and heard the baby's little heartbeat again. Everything sounded great. I'll go back in 4 weeks for another sonogram and will get to do the 4D sonogram on this visit. Just one more visit until I start going every two weeks. Time is flying!

In honor of Fat Tuesday, here is a list of all of the songs that make me think of New Orleans and/or Mardi Gras:

Let the Good Times Roll- Shirley and Lee
Mardi Gras Mambo- The Hawkettes
The House of the Rising Sun- The Animals
King of New Orleans- Better than Ezra
This Time of Year- Better than Ezra
Iko Iko- Dixie Cups
They All Asked for You- The Meters
When the Saints Go Marching In

What songs remind you of Mardi Gras? Who else is celebrating from a distance?