NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

this is my house. i have to defend it.

That's right. It's almost Thanksgiving and that means that I have to watch Home Alone at least 20 times before Christmas arrives. I can't complain, though. I love the movie and Todd does, too. Home Alone was actually the subject of one of our first conversations and it still comes up quite a lot. So... I'll ask you once, "You guys give up yet? Or are you thirsty for more?"

If you're thirsty for more keep reading...

This is a really big week in the state of South Carolina. Not only is it the kickoff to the most wonderful time of the year with Thanksgiving holidays, but Saturday at 7:00 is the kickoff to the highly anticipated Carolina/Clemson game. The game will be played in Columbia this year and Todd and I are going to get out in the perfect football weather and pray that the Gamecocks get us another win (after 4 consecutive losses). Ouch. I don't pay a lot of attention to Clemson football except that I hope that they lose and cheer wildly when they do lose. I've heard people say that the Gamecocks don't stand a chance, but I'm still hopeful. I'm also very excited about the game because I arranged for Todd and me to go onto the field before kick off! Around 6:15 look at the sidelines to see if you can see us. I'll be the one that ducks every time a ball flies into the air. I'm so afraid of getting knocked in the head. The last time I went onto the field was Carolina/Clemson 2003 when Catherine and I took our campus tours for graduate school. I'll admit that the Gamecocks didn't win that game, either. That was my first experience at Williams-Brice and it was a great one. I love the sound of the Cock crowing and I love the chills that rush down my spine when they play that sound during the pre game festivities!

I'm not going to Dallas to be with my family this year for Thanksgiving. This will be the first holiday that I've spent away from my parents. I'm a little sad about it, but I know that Todd's family will make the day very special. Todd's mom's family is coming in town and there will be a lot of love in the house. I'm very excited about cooking two of my FAVORITE holiday dishes to bring with me to dinner. I've never made either of these things before, but my mom sent me the recipes and I hope that I can make these things almost as well as she does. It's just not Thanksgiving without the broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole and her sweet potato casserole. Wish me luck.

Walker isn't going to Dallas for Thanksgiving, either. He'll be spending Thanksgiving/his quarter break in Vermont with his girlfriend and her family. Poor thing. :) My parents will have their best friends and their kids in town, so they won't be alone. They'll have a great time exploring Dallas with a Cowboys game and a trip to the JFK museum at the book depository.

Todd and I attended our first of two black tie events for this holiday season. We went to the Festival of Trees Gala on Friday night with his mom and dad. Here are a couple of pictures from that outing.
I pray that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of love, family, friends, and laughter!