NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Counting My Blessings

My grandmother, June Hudson Akin, passed away three years ago this month and it's hard not to think about her this time of year. The movie, White Christmas, with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay is a family favorite and it has been on TV a lot lately. June liked this movie, too, and she particularly liked the song, "Count Your Blessings." June worried a lot about her family and she prayed a lot for her family, so this song was especially perfect for her. I'm sitting here right now watching White Christmas and just heard the song and felt a little nostalgic for my sweet grandmother who loved her family and always fell asleep counting her blessings.

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings