Lindsay listed 10 random things about herself and tagged me to do the same about myself. I'm not sure if I can come up with 10 things, but I'll definitely give it a try. In no particular order:
10. I have crooked pinkies and always have. My pinkies constantly look like I'm bending them and it's really that I physically cannot straighten them. I saw a doctor about it a couple of times and they both told me that if I had corrective surgery, I'd never be able to bend my little fingers. Sad, but true. I've considered going to a doctor again recently-- now that every other type of medicine has seemed to advance.
9. I've met or spotted a few VERY RANDOM celebrities-- and not in concert or at an organized appearance: Sidney Poitier, Kathleen Turner, Joey Fatone, Renee Zellweger, Fred Willard, John Michael Montgomery, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus.
8. I've lived in lots of differnet cities-- Baton Rouge, Ruston, Yorktown, Ruston again, and Columbia. I can list every address of everywhere I've lived. We lived in a lot of houses-- and I've moved about 6 times since I graduated from high school.
3914 Country Hill
431 Forest Circle
1504 Yale Drive
Rt. 7 Box 1450
2214 North Vienna
601 South Riviera
509 South Pinehurst
310 W. Louisiana #7
511 Spencer Street
1100 Pulaski Street
510 Heyward Street #407
227 Candleberry Circle
1725 Enoree Avenue
7. My ultimate dream job-- that I will probably never achieve-- is to be a back up singer. I love to sing and music can make me happy in any situation. I'll sing anything. But I don't want the fame, so I think that singing back up would be ideal. Meet the famous people, sing with them, and go home to your slightly normal life. I hope that good money comes along with singing back up.
6. I'd also love to own a shop. I'd specialize in party and wedding planning and sell invitations and custom stationery.
5. I can recite every word of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and have been able to since we gave the movie to my Dad for Father's Day in 1988.
4. I obsessively wear my retainer at night. It's part of my routine. I'm terribly paranoid about having to wear braces again.
3. I played Maria in our high school production of West Side Story and had to dye my hair a color that was pretty darn close to black. When I played Tuptim in the King and I during my senior year of high school, I refused to dye my hair and bought a hideous black wig instead.
2. I backpacked through Europe with my bridesmaid, Malain, the summer after I graduated college. While in Interlaken, Switzerland, I paraglided off the side of a mountain!
1. I'm getting married in 2 months!!! And I'm just now realizing that I've got to change my name... am I the only one that gets sad about this? That's why I'm dropping the "Elizabeth" and keeping the "Akin."