NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

wedding inspirations and things...

Coming to the conclusion to have our wedding in South Carolina took a while. Todd was born in West Columbia, moved to Greenville for college to attend Furman University, went to law school at Washington and Lee, and moved back to Columbia. I, on the other hand, was born in Baton Rouge, moved to Ruston, Louisiana, then moved to Yorktown, Indiana, and back to Ruston, Louisiana all before landing in Columbia at 22 years old. Needless to say, Columbia isn't necessarily my home. We wanted to hold the wedding at a neutral location that still had some meaning to at least one of us. We chose the Daniel Chapel on the Furman Campus.






I really couldn't be happier about the decision. I love this place. I don't have to work around really bad carpet and it's so naturally beautiful!




When we decided to have the wedding in South Carolina, I turned to one source for inspiration. Sure, there's Martha Stewart, Colin Cowie, and other wedding wannabes, but the book "Southern Weddings" by Tara Guerard is my favorite wedding book. And BELIEVE me, I have over 15 wedding coffee table books. This is definitely a hobby. Check out this book if you want some awesome ideas on party planning. These wedding ideas can easily be transferred to any other party. Tara Guerard is the owner of Soiree Charleston, an amazing event planning company that specializes in weddings. Check out their website for some really great ideas.








I had a dress fitting last weekend in Dallas. Things are looking good. I probably need to make sure all of my Christmas fun is worked off in the next few weeks, but the dress looks amazing. I purchased it at Warren Barron Bridal in Highland Park Village in Dallas. The women at that shop have so much knowledge about the dresses and really made it a wonderful experience. My dress will be ready for my portrait in Louisiana on March 14. I may be able to share a few of Kelly's photos after the portrait date. After my dress fitting, I realized that I should probably work on breaking in my shoes.





I didn't want to wear white shoes. I wanted some awesome "flare" in my wedding ensemble and I wanted to wear gold shoes to go with our pink and gold wedding. These are the shoes I picked... and I do realize this is one detail that Todd really won't care about.







The invitations will be going out the first week in March! I've checked on our room block and all of the rooms have been taken, so I added more. I also got a peek at who has made reservations already and I'm just so excited to see all of these people!

More fun wedding stuff to come later...