NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, March 10, 2008

our version of Sideways


So, my maid and matron of honor got the bachelorette party invitations out last week, and I must say that they may be the cutest things I've ever seen. My maid of honor, Catherine, designed and created them by hand and I'm so proud of her! I know she was thankful that I only wanted to invite the bridesmaids and myself to the bachelorette party and that there were only 6 invitations to make.

She really surprised me with everything-- and we all know how much I love (not!) surprises. But it was so worth it. She put so much thought into these. I will post pictures tomorrow after I actually take some.

I wanted the bachelorette party to be pretty low key, but tons of fun with my favorite ladies. Because my maid and matron of honor live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and one of the bridesmaids is within reasonable driving distance from DFW, we decided to have it there. Every year in April, there is a walking wine tour of the vineyards in Grapevine, TX. We decided to have that event be the focus of the bachelorette party and I'm so excited! Sundresses, wine, and great girls. The trip is coming up on April 18-20-- just before the wedding.

Catherine took the lyrics to some of my favorite songs to create four adorable cards that she slipped into a hand-sewn pocket made out of bandana card stock. Everything is Texas centered and cowgirl style. She used the lyrics to Sangria Wine and Heads Carolina, Tails California, but changed it to "Heads Carolina, tails Ft. Worth, Texas!"

I promise to post pictures tomorrow.