NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ruston: My Home Town

I've just returned from a wonderful trip to Dallas and Ruston! The whole five days was great and I was so happy to see so many friends and family and to get to eat such great food! :)

I picked up my dress on Thursday after Todd's mom and I got to Dallas. I had my hair done on Friday morning in Dallas, then we were all off to Benton, Louisiana to meet my photographer, Kelly Moore, for the bridal portraits. It is always such an adventure with Kelly and I couldn't be happier about my photographer choice. We were in true Louisiana areas for the pictures and I was only slightly scared that my dress was getting dirty! I can't wait to see her work.

The next day, we had the shower at the Ropp Center on the Louisiana Tech campus. The shower was hosted by three ladies that I grew up knowing and loving and these women are dear friends of my parents. So many of my college and childhood friends were there and it was great to catch up. Two of my friends brought their babies and it was so much fun to see them for the first time! Here are some pictures of the really fun shower!



Rachel, Hudson, and me

PC and me


Jennifer, me, PC, Lisa, and Maisie

like sisters-- Jennifer, me, and Kate

me, Lisa, Blair, and Maisie

After the shower, my friends, family, and I went to Cajun Cafe for some boiled crawfish and then I knew my trip home was complete!


My favorite college professors and their daughter gave me this adorable little sign that said, "Ruston: My home town." While it wasn't something on my registry, it was by far my favorite gift. I love that place!