NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

groom's cake... or.... pie

Ever since the first time Todd took me to Greenville and we dined at Soby's, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. The White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. It's to die for. It's gooey, it's chocolatey, it's banana-y, and it has beautiful swirls of white chocolate on top.

Soby's is a fine Southern restaurant that is conveniently located across the street from the Westin Poinsett hotel, where our reception is located. Soby's also serves our favorite pie, the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. When I asked Todd what kind of groom's cake he'd like to have we threw around a few ideas; Jimmy Buffett parrot head cake, chocolate and strawberry cake, Gamecocks cake, law books, or scales of justice. These were all fine, but none of these really captured the devine dessert that we were looking for. Our wedding cake will be white cake and white butter cream icing, my favorite kind of wedding cake, and there will also be a surprise layer of red velvet cake. We wanted something fluffy and Southern for the groom's cake, so we chose Soby's White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. It's honestly one of the things I'm looking most forward to about the wedding.

We're serving miniature pies that will be 3" a piece. Practically bite-size! We decided to display them in these giant brass scales of justice that I got from my mom's best friend. We'll have two very large pies in the scales (one heavier than the other) and 200 miniature pies arranged on the groom's cake table.

I advise coming to the wedding just for the pie. Unless you don't like bananas.