NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

i get so emotional

Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe it's because I feel like I can hear the theme song to Father of the Bride running through my head constantly. Maybe it's because I'm remembering all of the special people, places, and moments in my life right now as the wedding gets closer. Whatever the reason, the fact remains that I am having a hard time not crying at the drop of a hat. Just walking to my car, I'll start thinking about something sweet my dad said or something Walker and I did together years ago, and I'll tear up and not be able to stop. I'm so excited about the wedding and can't wait to start the next chapter of our lives, but it's definitely a bittersweet occasion. The tears are happy tears and sad tears. I was going to get on the plane in Dallas on Sunday evening and just before I went through security, my dad said, "I can remember the day we dropped you off at preschool and you turned around to wave goodbye." Of course I lost it. What was he thinking bringing that up? :)

There's something very strange about this process. Even though I know that I'm not saying goodbye to anyone, it definitely feels like I have to let go of a piece of myself and I don't want to. I think it must be a girl thing. I'm clinging to the promise that Todd made to me and to the promise that God made to protect me and love me and make this an easy transition. And I'm also clinging to the fact that my parents and brother are a plane ride or a phone call away and the love I have for them will only get stronger!

Next weekend. I can't believe how fast our engagement year flew by. Or how fast almost 26 years flew by.