NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, September 29, 2008

weekend update

I checked my Google Reader this morning and it said that I had 140 unread posts! Hello, overwhelming. So I've finally finished reading all of your updates and think I've done an adequate job of commenting. You all have so much to say over a two day period!

Our trip to DC was a lot of fun. Todd and I didn't get to Fredericksburg until about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. We spent the night and got up early to drive into the District. We checked into the Ritz, met my parents, had some lunch, and got dressed for the 4:00 ceremony.

There were about 20 of us there from my family, so that was a lot of fun. We always have a great time catching up. We're all in our 20s now, so that really helps. Growing up, someone was always left out because they were too young to ride a rollercoaster, too young to drive, or too young to drink. Now we're all in the same age group and it's so much fun!

I didn't take a single photo of the bride or of the wedding decorations, but I managed to get these photos after we walked through the rain to the reception. Pardon the frizz.


Todd and me

my dad and me


I'm not sure why my mom didn't make it into any photos, but I promise she was there.

On Sunday morning we ate breakfast at The Front Page with the whole family and the bride and groom. Then we decided to go to the World War II Memorial since none of us had seen it yet. You just appreciate things a lot more when you get older. I hadn't been to DC since high school and everything looked so different to me this time and I definitely appreciated things a lot more.

We drove back yesterday and the most eventful thing that happened on the drive was our fear of not finding a gas station that actually had gas when we needed it. We ended up finding gas in Florence, SC when we were just an hour from home. I can't believe how bad things have gotten. I know Atlanta and Charlotte have it a lot worse, but I'm just conserving as much as I can. I'm hoping it will cool off soon and I can start walking to work.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I've got so many things I want to talk about this week!