NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

it was a very merry Christmas!

I've been gone a while, but I have very good reason! My parents, brother, and their dog Beaux arrived on December 23 and I didn't read or write a blog the entire time they were here. They left yesterday and, as usual, the goodbye was tearful.

We had a great Christmas at our house. We went to church on Christmas Eve with my family and Todd's family and then we all came back to our house to eat gumbo. On Christmas morning we woke up and ate breakfast and then opened presents. My family decided to draw names this year so we could all save some money and it was great. My parents and Todd's parents gave us a new hutch for our dining room. My mom got my name and gave me lots of scarves and a beautiful silver tray for my dining table.

Todd gave me the Canon Rebel. I can't wait to figure out how to use it and get ready to take lots of gorgeous photos of our new addition that will arrive in June.


He also gave me the Sonya Renee necklace I've been wanting, some comfy boots, and DVDs.

I gave Todd lots of lawn equipment, some jeans, and the new Gamecock football vault. My brother drew Todd's name and Todd got loaded up with clothes and socks.

We went to see Marley and Me the day after Christmas and I'm not sure I've ever cried so hard in a movie in my life. The only other time I've cried that hard over a story was when I read the book. But I was crying and had to take a couple of those big deep, choking breaths. Great movie. I'm sure I'll watch it every time I see it on TV. There is nothing like the unconditional love that you get from your dog.