NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

a pretty shower and the bangles!

This past weekend, I went to Dallas for the first wedding shower. Todd and I had an engagement party in Indiana back in September, but this was the first girly, pretty shower. My Dad's Aunt Lillie hosted the event that was held at the Mansion on Turtle Creek.

We had quite the potpourri of guests and it was so nice to see so many special ladies in my life in one location. Family members, my grandmother's best friend, my best friend, a sorority sister, and my mom's college friend. The food was simply amazing and I'm still thinking about it. We had lobster tempura with pickled watermelon on skewers, pistacchio encrusted cream cheese, and bellinis. This was just the appetizer! The meal was huge but feminine. My very talented mother got creative and saved some flowers from a previous event and arranged them in a beautiful blue and white bowl. Here are a couple of pictures from the shower.





On Saturday night, my parents were supposed to attend the Junior League of Dallas Ball. My brother was also scheduled to come into town and my mom suggested that I attend the ball with my Dad. I was pretty excited to get all dressed up and go to the dinner with my dad. I got really excited when I found out that The Bangles would be the featured entertainment. I began to reminisce about the days when I'd listen to "Manic Monday" and "Eternal Flame" with my friends in my bedroom and dream about someday singing those songs to an adoring audience. The Bangles took the stage and my Dad said, "I didn't know that all of The Bangles were girls." I laughed hysterically. He was busy raising children when The Bangles were popular.




The Bangles-- and some man's head



We tried to stick around to hear "Walk Like an Egyptian" and see the pretty Dallas people do the dance, but we just got too tired and decided to go home.


It's always great to spend long weekends in Dallas, and even more fun when Walker is there, too. We've got another shower in Baton Rouge next weekend and we'll all be back together. It has been such a joy planning the wedding and getting to see my family so often to work on this together. Hopefully they'll still let me visit them all the time after the wedding is over.