NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

our wedding video

I've spent the day doing some of the more tedious projects to get ready for the wedding. We wrapped our wedding party gifts and wrote more thank you notes. I've written at least 100 thank you notes in the past month and there are more to come!

I had to get all of our baby, childhood, and courtship pictures together to send to the videographer. I found a videographer that would also make our rehearsal dinner/champagne party video and I was so relieved to find someone to take that load off of us. All I had to do was organize the pictures in categories -- after I found them, printed them, and narrowed them down. The videographer recommended that we narrow it down to 125 pictures, but after I organized and numbered them all in order, I had 280 pictures. Oops. Oh well. It's our video.

I had such a good time selecting the music for the video. I would choose a song, put it in a playlist and flip through the pictures as I listened to the songs. I selected the following tunes for our video:

Blessed by Elton John for baby pictures of both of us
American Girl by Tom Petty for childhood pictures of me
Drive by Alan Jackson for childhood pictures of Todd
You're My Best Friend by Queen for pictures of Walker and me
Today I Met the Boy I'm Gonna Marry by The Crystals for pictures of Todd and me during high school and college years
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers for pictures of our courtship
Everything by Michael Buble for more pictures of our courtship

I really love the songs and can't wait to see the finished product of the video. Hopefully the videographer will still finish it even though we have twice as many pictures as we're supposed to have!