NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

the ceremony programs

I think one of Todd's favorite wedding projects was writing the ceremony program. We decided to use the lace design that we used on all of our wedding paper on the front and back cover of the program. We wanted to eliminate the pink for this piece-- to save costs and to keep it simple and elegant.

I've been to so many weddings where I watch the bridesmaids come down the aisle and look at the groomsmen and wonder, "How do the bride and groom know these people? Who is that?"

Todd and I chose to have a bigger program and write little bios on each of our attendants. And because all of our vocalists were equally special to us, they were included in this as well.

Our program was 8 pages long and was an 8x8 square. We included lyrics to one of the songs that we used in the ceremony, wrote a message to all of our guests, and included directions to the reception. Our favorite part was definitely telling the stories of how we know all of our attendants. I think they all enjoyed reading what we wrote about them, too. At the reception, my Matron of Honor was approached by one of our old family friends and found out that he was best friends growing up with her husband's father. He discovered this by reading her bio!