NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Friday, August 22, 2008

happy birthday, Daddy!

I don't think it's any secret how much I love my Dad. He set a really high standard for what a great man is in my life and he has been such a rock in my family's life. Today is his birthday!!! This man is funny, giving, loving, talented, and by far, the best dancer who never knew he was so good!

He was so supportive during the wedding planning process and only complained once... or maybe twice. I don't think there's anything quite like a father/daughter relationship and the love that they share. After watching Father of the Bride about once a month for my entire life since the 4th grade, I imagined what it would be like on our wedding day when my Dad "gave me away." I would tear up just thinking about it. Well, it was pretty emotional, but I think we were so wrapped up in the moment that we didn't get carried away with it. Thank goodness. I guess we had years and years to prepare and we really knew that our relationship wouldn't change even after Todd and I got married.


I love my father so much and want to wish him a wonderful day and a great year filled with love, happiness, family, and success!