NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

letting the cat out of the bag...

I've been feeling so guilty lately for abandoning our so-much-fun Weight Watchers Wednesdays posts. I haven't been feeling great and I really haven't been doing any weight watching at all. I've also felt guilty for not being able to be honest with all of you about what's going on, but the time has come and it's now safe to let the world know that I'm pregnant. What?! Pregnant!

I am 10 weeks along today and the baby (that a friend has affectionately been calling Mr. Bean) is due on June 12. This is probably the most personal post I've written aside from the story of my weight loss journey, but I'm so happy to be able to talk about it.

Todd and I are very excited and still feeling some disbelief. The road hasn't been all that easy so far as I've been really sick. And it's not morning sickness. Morning sickness would be a bowl of cherries-- even though I don't like cherries. This is all day sickness. Stop whatever you're doing because it's happening again sick. I'm hanging in there, but just trying to rest and take it easy as much as possible.

I had a pretty bad miscarriage scare a few weeks ago, so I went into the doctor the next morning to have everything checked out. We had an ultrasound and there was a tiny little baby and a really strong heart. I'm not sure I've ever experienced such strong emotions all at once, but I was overcome with love, relief, shock, faith, and still a little fear. Since then, we've had two more ultrasounds and everything seems to be progressing as it should be. The doctor gave us the "all clear" to go ahead and celebrate this and stop being afraid. We started telling our friends and family yesterday (our parents have known since we found out). So... WE'RE PREGNANT! Let's celebrate!

So, ladies, I'm not watching my weight the weight watchers way right now. I'm not gaining any weight because I can't keep anything down, but I'm just listening to my body and eating what it tells me to eat.

I'll try to scan in the pictures of the baby and post them as soon as I can.

On a side note, I read Mrs. Newlywed's post this morning about purchasing some pregnancy tests for her friend. She mentioned that she felt out of place in the pregnancy test aisle-- like she could get in trouble. When I went to CVS on October 15 to purchase the tests, I kept thinking, "I hope no one sees me. My parents might find out!" When I think about shopping for maternity clothes, I think, "How will I do that without anyone seeing me?" Did anyone else ever feel this way?

I want to thank those of you that have known about this for a while that have been praying for us and for the life growing inside of me. I love you.