NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

domestic help!

I need help from my friends in the blogosphere. I am fixing supper for my students on Friday night and a couple of months ago I had some really high hopes for this meal. A couple of months ago I was able to smell food without getting sick, too.

I'm pretty sure my students are hoping for mashed potatoes (Katie Lee Joel's recipe is my new favorite) and other comfort side dishes like macaroni and cheese. I'm fine with making all of the sides, but I don't feel like making a meat for 16 people. I love meatloaf, but it takes a really long time to make and my pregnant self doesn't feel like standing in my kitchen for three hours while I prepare it. Are 18 year olds afraid of meatloaf?

I also considered just picking up a couple of huge frozen lasagnas and making that with garlic bread and a salad. I know they won't be too picky and who doesn't love lasagna?

So what do y'all think? What should I make for these home cookin' deprived kids?

Mrs. Newlywed asked in her comment on my previous post if she could see the front of the painting over our mantle. Here it is. Excuse the bad crop job.