NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Friday, January 23, 2009

he'll always be your Daddy

I've been crying all morning ever since I heard Barbara and Jenna Bush's recorded version of their letter to Sasha and Malia Obama on the Today Show. Who else saw this? It was the sweetest, most appropriate letter with some really fun pictures and it keeps me choked up.
I love that they told them to slide down the banister at the White House and to play games on the White House lawn. I especially loved that they cautioned them not to listen to the reports or skits that tear down their father. They told them that he will always be the Daddy that held them, rocked them, read to them, and the Daddy whose world was changed the day they were born. Presidents are all faced with so much criticism and it's probably much harder on their wives and children than it is on them.

But I think we can all relate in a way to what the Bush twins said about their father. No matter what else your dad becomes in life, he'll always be your Daddy.






You can read the entire letter here.