NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

questions: answered!

Y'all ask some really fun questions! I've answered a few of them already and will answer them all over the next few days.

southern daze
If I came to visit you in Columbia, what would we do?

Oh boy! First of all, if Cyndi came to visit me I would be so excited! What would we do? We would eat a lot. I'd take you to my favorite restaurants; Mr. Friendly's, The Gourmet Shop, DiPrato's, Rockaways, and Hampton Street Vineyard. We would be stuffed to the max and we wouldn't have any money left, but we'd be happy.

Then we'd get in the car and drive to Greenville (for more great food) and Charleston (for great history and shopping).

Columbia is a great town, but it's not its own destination unless you're coming for the capital or for USC. It has a lot to offer kids when they visit with the Riverbanks Zoo, EdVenture Children's Museum, and the State Museum, but there aren't a lot of activities for adults.



Were you suprised when you found out you're pregnant? Did you plan on it?

We were so pleasantly surprised! We knew that we wanted kids someday and we weren't trying to get pregnant, but it was definitely part of God's perfect plan and we couldn't be happier.

What names are you leaning towards for your baby?

Todd and I plan to keep the name(s) a secret for as long as we can. We may burst at some point. I will tell you, though, that we are planning to use family names for all of our future children and we really like classic, timeless names. There are a lot of names that I like that I think are really pretty or cute, but find that I ask myself, "but what does that name mean to me?" I don't mean the history of the name or the meaning of the name that you look up in books, but what does that name mean to us? That's why we like family names-- as long as we also actually like the name! We've found some bad family names on both sides that go way back, too, so we've been on the hunt for the perfect family name.

Where did you and your husband meet and did you know he was the one when you met him? Looking forward to your post! Hope you are doing great!

We met in 2005 when we were both working for the law firm that Todd works for now. We didn't work together, but saw each other in passing a lot. We ran into each other at the grocery store one night after I finished working out. I had a cart full of groceries (because when I was single I only went to the grocery store once a month and would spend $200 every time) and he had a little basket with milk and cereal in it. We stood there and talked for a while, then he emailed me the next day and this perfect friendship began. I was dating someone else at the time, but I ended that quickly because I knew that Todd wasn't worth passing up for that relationship. I didn't know he was the one when I met him, but I told my good friend the night of our first date, "This is the last first date I'll ever go on." And it was!



I love your taste! I'm in the midst of wedding planning myself and I love looking at your wedding pictures for inspiration. I actually went to Furman too, so I loved seeing all the pictures from the chapel and the Westin Poinsett! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out gifts for my bridesmaids, but I have 7. I've already made some drop pearl earrings for them, do you have any other suggestions for bridesmaids gifts? Thanks!

The earrings are going to be so special because you made them! That's so wonderful! It really depends how much you want to spend, but there are so many options. You can get them a monogrammed makeup bag or a larger monogrammed tote bag. I gave my bridesmaids a lot of Toss items that we were able to get wholesale through my mom's business. They got the tote bag, the makeup bag, and a Toss umbrella that we used in the pictures.

Another great idea I've seen is to get them matching terry towel wraps or robes. You can get them monogrammed, too, if you want. But they're really fun for getting ready. Everyone can wear their matching robes and you can get one for yourself in white. It makes for really cute pictures, too!

Okay, more answers to the questions coming later... Go here if you want to ask a question!