NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

questions: answered {round 2}

I can't believe the weekend is over! We had a great time at Sunday school this morning and we saw Slumdog Millionaire on Friday night. It was great! I've answered round two of the questions. More to come!

Mojito Maven said...
1. When can i convince you and Todd to move to Dallas so we can be bff?


I don't need to be convinced! For those of you that don't know, not only does Mrs. Mojito live in Dallas, but my two best friends from college and my parents are also in Dallas. I visit as often as possible-- every two months or so. I'd pick up and go in a heartbeat just because I so badly miss all of my favorite people and Dallas is a great city. My sweet husband loves his job, though, and that's so rare these days! We'll be here as long as he's happy at work. We moved around a lot when I was growing up, so I'm used to moving and I actually like it. I would pick up and go anywhere if he said it was a great job for him.

2. What is the first alcoholic beverage you are going to drink when you are done being pregnant?

Maybe a mojito! I really don't know. I've thought about it a few times-- especially when we're at Mexican restaurants and I see other customers drinking margaritas. I like sharing a glass of wine with my mom when I'm visiting her, too. Mojito, margarita, Bud Light, chardonnay, it doesn't matter. To tell you the truth, though, I was sick for so long during this pregnancy that I really haven't missed not being about to have an adult beverage. I'm sure after 19 more weeks I'll be ready!

3. When are you going to post more HOT pictures of you being pregnant???

Hilarious. I'll try to post one this week! It's definitely growing and it's the strangest feeling!


Mrs. Buck said...
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?


Just knowing that there is a little life inside of me that is a little bit of Todd and a little bit of me! I can't wait to meet this person that I've been praying so long for!

What is your least favorite thing (aka. what do you dislike the most) about being pregnant?

There are a lot more things that I dislike about being pregnant. I'm sorry if that makes me sound ungrateful. I was sick for 18 straight weeks and that's not fun at all. I get excruciating heartburn every night, wake up about six times every night, want a nap every three hours, and the bad headaches have started. I could write a book about the things that I wish I could eat and how much I miss exercising, but am afraid of getting sick if I do too much.

Seriously, I'm not trying to complain, but she asked what I didn't like. I know that as soon as I see that little face all of these things will be a distant memory and none of these things will stop me from wanting to have another one someday.


Madison Girl said...
1) Are you still sick?(I hope not)


The pregnancy-related sickness is gone for the most part. I only get sick once every two or three days and then it's over. I'm beyond thankful that this prayer has been answered and I can leave the house without the fear of getting sick in the car.

2) Whats your favorite place to eat out in Columbia?

Mr. Friendly's! It's so cute and quaint. The atmosphere is wonderful because it's not too quiet in there, but it's so small that it's not too loud either. It's so close to our house that we tend to eat there more on a week night instead of the weekend. The food is Southern, but not fried and fatty. Their grits are my absolute favorite. Yum... who's hungry?

3) Whats your favorite place to shop in Columbia (when not prego!)?

I love this store in 5 Points called Mary. (The Columbia bloggers know what I'm talking about) When I was so dedicated to exercising and following the Weight Watchers Points leading up to the wedding, I finally had the body where I could wear the gorgeous dresses that come in sizes that you'd never imagine you could wear. I loved to go to Mary just to try things on. Those 40 pounds came off over about 3 years and I had to buy a lot of new clothes during that time. But it wasn't until those last pounds came off right before the wedding that I bought some of those clothes that I never imagined I could wear again. Now I'm gaining them all back with the pregnancy, so I'll be so anxious to work hard again so I can get back in my favorite clothes.

Kate said...
(1) Good Gals stole mine with the baby names question! I know some people are hesitant to share those, though - but if you're willing... I'm curious too!


I can't wait to tell all of you our name choice, but I have to wait! Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

(2) I know your parents live in Dallas and you bought your wedding dress at WB... did you grow up in Dallas?

No. My parents just moved to Dallas in 2006 and I never lived there. I was born in Baton Rouge. When I was 7 we moved to Ruston, Louisiana then when I was 13 we moved to Indiana. I graduated from high school in Indiana and went back to Ruston, Louisiana for college at Louisiana Tech. My parents had moved to Columbia, SC while I was in college, so I moved out here to Columbia to attend graduate school near my family when I finished college. After I finished grad school my dad accepted a job in Dallas and off they went! I had already met Todd at that point and knew that Columbia would be my home. I LOVE visiting Dallas, though. We'll get together when I'm there sometime!

(3) You've posted about deciding whether or not to sell your wedding dress... I have a feeling I will struggle with that too... what was your thought process in deciding to hold on to it for now?

I had to send my dress off to New York to be cleaned and preserved-- which is not easy or inexensive! That process took about eight weeks, but I just got word that the dress is on its way back to me, so it will be nice to see it again. I am 90% sure that I want to sell it. When I get it back in a few days I plan to post it on Preowned Wedding Dresses.