NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

praise who?

I'm really moved to see so many Americans joined together in Washington for a common purpose. I love patriotism and any time I see millions of American flags waving around I'm going to get choked up.

I am, however, disappointed that so many people are wearing shirts with Obama's face on them and hats that say "Obama." Why not just a shirt that says "America?" I am so tired of hearing this person be glorified and tired of hearing people talk like he is the savior they've been waiting for. He is a man. Just a man. I just think it's really unhealthy to treat a human being this way. He has big shoes to fill and really high expectations to meet and I think Americans are making those expectations bigger and bigger every day as they build Barack Obama up to be this savior.

As I saw all of the flags waving around this morning, I thought, "Wow. Wouldn't it just be incredible if that many people got together to glorify Jesus Christ? What if that many people got together and instead of shouting 'OBAMA', they shouted 'JESUS?'"

Can we have a $150 million celebration on Easter Sunday?

I heard Oprah say the other day about inauguration day, "What a day of rejoicing that will be!"

I'm sorry. Those are the words to a hymn. It goes, "When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be."

I'll be praying for our country, for the Obamas as a family, and for our new President. I hope these next four years are the best our country has seen. But I don't plan to praise Barack Obama after that happens. I will surely thank him, but I'll be praising Jesus.