NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

So this may make me a very unpopular blogger today, but I wanted to give an update on Confessions of a Shopaholic. I went to see it with four fabulous girls last night and the company was great! We had all gone to see He's Just Not That Into You last Sunday night and loved it.

I've read two books in the Shopaholic series, so I was kind of invested in the movie. I was really excited about watching a chick flick with some fun chicas and getting some great eye candy from all the fantastic fashion. The movie was styled by The Pat Fields, so it had to be great. Wrong. The clothes weren't even that great!


I found myself getting bored about twenty minutes in and I covered my face with embarrassment at least twenty times. There were lots of those, "I can't watch" moments. Does anyone else do that? I think the worst movie for me was Meet the Parents. That movie makes me so unbelievably uncomfortable that I have to leave the room when I watch it.

I didn't have high expectations for the movie. I was entertained enough for a Sunday night. It's just not going to be one of those that I must watch again even if it's on TBS on a Sunday afternoon. I always stop to watch The Devil Wears Prada for its funny acting by Meryl Streep and fabulous clothes!

If you loved the movie, please don't hate me for writing this!
ETA: This is just my opinion. I am not an expert on the books and I didn't have high expectations of the movie. I was just looking for a fun movie to watch with fun girls. It met that criteria. I wasn't disappointed, but I just don't need to see it again. There were plenty of funny parts, but I looked at my watch a lot during the movie. The books frustrated me just as much as the movie did, so I knew what I was getting into. It was still entertaining.