NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a 3 pound baby!

I had my 28.5 week check up yesterday and because of some issues at the 20 week appointment, I was scheduled to have a regular ultrasound. The doctor wanted to check for a couple of things again and see if they had changed in eight weeks. The ultrasound technician told us that we could "upgrade" to a 4D ultrasound if we wanted to and only pay $50 instead of $150. We took her up on it.

The 4D ultrasound is purely for entertainment purposes and they still did the 2D ultrasound to look at the important stuff. Everything was great. Everything was measuring as it should be and the baby is actually weighing in at 3.3 pounds and looking more like a 30 week baby rather than a 29 week baby. She told me that his growth rate could slow down and a lot can change between now and delivery day.

He is currently in breach position with his cute head up in my rib cage-- ouch-- and his legs angling across my stomach. Hopefully he'll do a few more flips and get into the correct position. If not, we'll be alright and just have a C-section. I'm really not worried at all about the delivery at this time. I'd prefer not to have to have a C-section, but I'm just not that worried about it. There's nothing I can do about it, right?

So on to the good stuff. The baby was sleeping soundly during the ultrasound and had his little face turned in, so we weren't able to get a good look. After lots of wiggling around, they gave me a Coke and told me to walk around the office and do some toe-touches for about twenty minutes to try to wake him up. When I got back into the room, he had moved a little bit and we did get one or two good looks at his face before he fell back into a deep sleep.


We saw two tiny ears, a round nose that was kind of smushed in there, and some huge baby cheeks! It's kind of hard to make out what you're looking at in the picture above, but it's the side of his face with his hand over his mouth.

That's all you get! I gotta save some surprises for when he makes his debut into the world.