NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Monday, March 23, 2009

first conversation of the week...

I was awakened at 1:45 this morning by my husband talking to me... loudly. I sat straight up in bed and said, "What did you say?"

The rest of the conversation went like this:

Todd: "I saaaiiid, 'Know what I mean, Vern?' "

Erin: "What?!"

Todd: "KNOW. WHAT. I. MEAN. VERN?"

Erin: "I heard you. I just don't know what that means."

Todd: "Never mind. Just forget it."

Erin: "No. Not 'never mind.' It's the middle of the night and you woke me up to tell me something and I want to know what it means."

Todd: "It's from Ernest!"

Erin: "Yes, sweetheart. I know that the quote, 'Know what I mean, Vern?' is from Ernest. Why did you say it to me right now?"

Todd: "Because of the conversation we were having about writing journals and the big discussion we just had about research."

Erin: "Todd? Are you asleep?"

Todd: "I don't know, maybe."

Erin: "We didn't have a conversation about journals or research."

Todd: "Just forget it."

I don't have much experience with people talking in their sleep. One of my best friends does some sleep walking and talking and I was always able to talk her back into bed, but it's a little different when your lifetime bed partner is quoting Ernest P. Worrell in the middle of the night.



p.s. We had a 4D ultrasound of our precious baby boy today, but the "Ernest talking in your sleep" story trumped the 4D ultrasound story for blog material. More on the ultrasound coming tomorrow.