NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Dallas update

I returned from my always wonderful trip to Dallas late last night. It was so great to be away from everything for a week, but I was excited to get home to my husband and dogs. My time with my parents was so precious as my mom and I prepared for Baby Boy Carroll and we had lots of time to laugh, talk, watch American Idol and Biggest Loser, and shop.

I'm going to start with the shower update because it was so beautiful! My great friends and my mom's great friends were so sweet to Baby Boy and me and I have a few great pictures to share with you.

the beautiful flowers were arranged in glass Evenflo baby bottles

the sweet hostess used the Martha Stewart kit from Michael's to make the beautiful blue pom pom balls hanging from the umbrella

more gorgeous flowers and the yummy lemon cake

Three of my Louisiana Tech Alpha Chi Omega sisters and me-- I'm definitely looking pregnant!

The beautiful Mojito Maven was also in attendance and the shower was the morning after her serious dental surgery! She's a rock star! We chose not to put her picture on here as she was in full recovery mode, but her spirits were high and she was gorgeous, as usual.

Baby Boy got some great gifts! We received his Graco SnugRide car seat, two Boppys, a Tiffany elephant bank (not a piggy bank), a set of Tiffany dinosaurs cup, saucer, and plate, a cute set of burp cloths, sweet little hooded towels, a rubber ducky that tells if the bath water is at a suitable temperature, and his bath tub.
I have to share this sweet gift with you, though! Mojito Maven got Baby Boy three Bla Bla dolls and this is what they look like! They are so much fun and I know he's going to love them!

It was a great shower and the trip was a lot of fun! I'll post more pictures of all of the great goodies that his KK (my mom) and I picked up on our outings. The nursery will get its second coat of paint tomorrow and all of the bedding and furniture has been ordered. We have to wait about 8-10 weeks for all of that to finish up.
I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. I'm spending the day tomorrow as the Day of Coordinator for a wedding. I'm bringing my sweet husband along to do any heavy lifting.