NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

moving along

We've had quite the eventful week at our house. The nursery is coming together thanks to my wonderful parents (no, you can't see pictures yet) and we finished off our registry at Babies R Us thanks to Todd's parents. Now the baby boy has everything he needs. Now all we need is the baby boy.

At my last doctor's appointment at 36 weeks, I had an ultrasound to check out his position. At this point I'm reluctant to say anything about how things are progressing because 1) so many readers and commenters are harsh and judgmental and will tell me to change something about what I'm doing and I just don't want to read it right now and 2) things could change at any point on their own. I don't want to report news because I know that by my next appointment things could change.

Our little boy is currently a whopping 7 lbs 9 oz and at my next appointment on Thursday of this week I'm sure they'll tell me he's even bigger than that. He is in oblique position and running out of room to turn. I've had two ultrasounds in the last two weeks and I'll have another this Thursday to see what position he's in. If, at that point, he is still oblique, the doctor wants to schedule a c-section for 38 weeks. So this guy could be here before June.

We're frantically trying to get everything ready before next Thursday as we prepare for his arrival. We'll put the finishing touches on the nursery, finally get the car seat and extra car seat base installed, and now we've got one more project to tackle. We live in an old house and have had some leak trouble in our guest bedroom the whole time we've lived there. After a few repairs but not official diagnoses, the ceiling finally fell in yesterday. Beautiful. This is the room that my parents will be staying in when they come to help me with the baby, so it's crucial that we get it fixed as soon as possible.

Nothing like good timing, right?

Good news, though: my last day of work before maternity leave is Friday. It's so nice to have that light at the end of the tunnel. I'm experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions a few times every day and working is next to impossible. Sitting is next to impossible. I'm looking forward to being at home and preparing myself mentally for our lives to change!

I promise to post an update after my appointment on Thursday. Keep us in your prayers as we enter the final few days. Baby's health is of utmost importance to me.