NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

picnic chic

I am co-hosting a bridal shower for one of my best friends. She is getting married in Charlotte on August 1 and I am beyond happy for her!

Her shower is in Charlotte, too, a few days before my due date, so I'm only hoping that the baby hangs in there for a few more days so I can actually be there for the shower. Because I wasn't positive how much I could help on the day of the shower, I volunteered to coordinate the invitations.

We decided that we wanted to do a picnic theme shower in yellow and navy. Then Ashley Brooke Designs found me.

Remember when I hosted the giveaway for Ashley? Well, I decided I had to not only have something for me, but I was so inspired by her Kentucky Derby themed invitations, that I knew that Christina's shower invitations had to be done by Ashley!

I sent her the following images for inspiration that I found on Once Wed via Chelsea Fuss.







And a few hours later, Ashley sent this to me:



The drawing looks just like my friend and the invitation fits the inspiration perfectly! I can't wait for the shower! Thanks, Ashley!