NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

24 week belly!

Baby Boy Carroll is really growing. My bump has definitely doubled in size in the past five weeks and I have a hard time recognizing myself when I look in the mirror. I've also been reading to Baby Boy a lot lately and have been using his name more. I've actually almost let the name slip quite a few times, so I need to be careful!

This picture was taken today. I wore the same shirt I wore for the 22 week picture, so you can see the full effect. You can also see how much my face is expanding-- and if you say it's not you're just being sweet. Pretty soon my cheeks are going to be so big that you won't be able to see my eyes. Then I'll be the No-Eyed Bride. Yeah, that wasn't that funny.

I found all of my favorite books from my childhood in a box and I'm so excited to get the nursery finished so I can put the books on the shelves and start reading them again. I've also been downloading lots of fun music for him to listen to in his room. We're getting a little iPod shuffle and small iPod dock just for Baby Boy, so I've been searching for good music for him to listen to. "Rockabye" is amazing! I've downloaded songs by the Beatles, Coldplay, and the Eagles rearranged in a lullabye way and they're so sweet and familiar. Elizabeth Mitchell also has some great music for children that is just so cute! Music was such a big part of my house when I was growing up and I want the same thing for him.

I also downloaded a bunch of my favorite children's music from church and have that ready to go. I can't wait to sing to him and then finally hear him start singing back! I'm going to cry just writing about it. We'll sing Zaccheus, Jesus Loves Me, You are My Sunshine. Oh, I love him so much!